How to convert a TBX file in to .sdltb file for SDL termbase

hallo, 

I am using SDL Studio 2015 SR2 with SDL Multiterm 2015 SR2.

I have received a termbase file from a customer (say "Termbase TBX") an XML document. I need to convert it to a .sdltb file for use with SDL Multiterm.

Could you someone tell me to go about it please?

Can Multiterm itself handel .xml termbase document or do I need to use a converter first (which one?).

Thanks for your support in advance

Best regards

Shyam Gupta 

Parents Reply
  • Hi Paul, hi Jerzy,
    Unfortunately I cannot contact the customer to get permission to share TBX file here (as you know, Yesterday was a public holiday in Germany and today is the so called "bridging day").

However I have the following pieces of information:
    1. The TBX file has been extracted from a SDL Termbase using the export function
    2. The log file sent by the customer appears to be quite ok, except for the fact that "export type = User defined".

Probably this is the cause of the error - I don't know what export option the customer has selected.

I myself have tried to export one of my existing .sdltb files using SDL termbase export function and it created an .xml file without problems. I could reconvert this .xml file into SDL Termbase file using the Glossary Converter without problem. Indeed comparing the log file, I found that in my case the "export type" was given as "default" and not "user defined". This was the only difference I could see.

Is there any other possibility to convert the .xml file into .sdltb (perhaps using the so called "definition file.xdt".
    Is this described somewhere in SDL documentation or in a SDL video?

Finally, if I were to send to you the .xml file, how could I possibly do that - attach to this reply?
    Unfortunately I don't seen any button to attach/upload a file to this reply. Could you kindly inform me also on this please?

Thanks for you help in advance
    Best regards
    Shyam
Children