What is the correct Regex syntax to find an "empty string" (i.e. empty field) in Multiterm?

Former Member
Former Member
  1. I have added a new field ('Source') to one of my Termbases by editing the definition (within Multiterm). I've been trying to no avail to populate this new field with the same value across the whole Termbase. I believe it should be very simple to replace an empty field with some content using search and replace, but I wish someone give me a hand here.
  2. For this, I went to "Batch edit Script" and tried, many times, different forms of syntax for the Regex pattern. The only syntax that seems to be working is ^(.*)$ although I tried ^(s*)$ as well.
  3. BUT since I had four entries already edited manually, the script went through the whole Termbase and at the end it said "4 entries edited". Then I realized that the script did nothing.
  4. Next thing I did was to delete the manual entries, thinking that my newly created field had to be completely empty throughout, but the script did nothing at all again.

In other words, I have accomplished nothing after spending an inordinate amount of time. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.