How to exclude some metdata (such as quotation marks and TABs) from translation in a CSV file

I've got XML files converted into CSV files for translation (due to technical reasons I can't translate directly from the XML file).

I tried to exclude quotations marks (\q and [TAB]) by defining embedded content in the CSV file settings as follows, but I came across two difficulties.

1.) While I typed in [TAB] or it's multiplier, I got really funky results in the target column. Each letter of [TAB] was treated individually, which caused also other letters T, A, B from translatable words to be displayed as placeholders.

2.) Each time I tried to add an expression with \q, I got an error message that this regular expression is incorrect, which prevented me from conevrting the file into translatable format.

Please find enclosed my exported CSV settings and some examples of code:

[TAB][TAB][TAB][TAB]\qdescription\q : \qClipTop 155\u00B0, screw-in, without spring\q,

<displayname locale=\qFR\q value=\qDisplay of nc program names\q />

With my current settings presented below, it displays in a following manner:

Screenshot showing CSV content with multiple TAB placeholders and a highlighted error in the description field.

Screenshot displaying an XML code snippet with a highlighted error in the displayname locale attribute.

Screenshot of Trados Studio project settings with embedded content processing options and incorrect start tag expression.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 4:41 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji