"sdl xliff validation error" when reopening the file on trados 2017

Hi All,

I am working on a translation using Trados 2017. When I tried to reopen the file, the following dialog popped up:

SDL XLIFF validation error: The '.' character, hexadecimal value 0x00, cannot be included in a name. Line 35739, position 978.

I have tried the solution suggested here: link, but still doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated. 

Parents Reply
  • Hi Ano,

Thanks for sending me the file.  Your problem is not just a few characters.  The file has been truncated, so it ends like this:

There is nothing you can do to recover this completely I'm afraid.  So your best bet is to open the source file and pretranslate from your TM to get back to where you were.

These kind of things can happen if you are running security software that interferes with the complete writing of the file, or perhaps use an external drive or internet storage facility (dropbox, google drive, One drive etc.) for working directly with your files.  The files never get get completely written when saving because of an interruption of some sort.

Just guessing as it will be something like this.  But whatever the reason, you will need to start again with this file, or rebuild the end of this one manually and recover what you have in this file.  But this really only has value if you can use Perfect Match which requires the Professional Edition of Studio.

Regards

Paul

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Children