Is there a Studio plugin that counts source characters in real-time?

Hello.

For projects with a length limitation, I copy/paste the source to the target segment to see the number of characters before adding my translation. But is there another way to see the source length in real-time? I couldn't find a plugin but maybe somebody else has.

Thanks,

Claudia Alvis

Parents
  • Hi Claudia Alvis (calvis) ,

You could use Autohotkey for this.  I came across this script written by Selcuk Akyuz ProZ fairly recently:

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Count characters in a segment

!c::

Send, ^c

ClipWait

Chars := StrLen(Clipboard)

RegExReplace(Clipboard,A_Space,"",Spaces)

MsgBox % "The highlighted text is " Chars " characters in length and contains " Spaces " spaces."

return

So for example, I can select text in the source then press Alt+C and I get this:

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Hi Claudia Alvis (calvis) ,

You could use Autohotkey for this.  I came across this script written by Selcuk Akyuz ProZ fairly recently:

; Count characters in a segment

!c::

Send, ^c

ClipWait

Chars := StrLen(Clipboard)

RegExReplace(Clipboard,A_Space,"",Spaces)

MsgBox % "The highlighted text is " Chars " characters in length and contains " Spaces " spaces."

return

So for example, I can select text in the source then press Alt+C and I get this:

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Children