After making my own return package, can't reopen it.

I have made the return package and try to reopen it but can't open. The message pops up "This package is maybe a return package.".

What is return package and do you know how to open it?

I am using Trados 2017 version.

Thank you.

Parents
  • Hi  

Unknown said:
    What is return package and do you know how to open it?

A return package can only be created if you have received a package in the first place.  It contains the translated bilingual file (sdlxliff) and some metadata in another file, all inside a file with the extension *.sdlrpx.  This *.sdlrpx file is essentially a zip file so you can open it and see what's inside in two ways:

Now, a more important question is why do you want to open it?  You already have the project on your computer so you can see the files that you used to create the return package already.  The only person who can open this in Studio will be the person who sent you the original package that you translated.  The return package will update their project with your translation.

Regards

Paul

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• I have the same issue. To the last question above, I want to open it so that I can check it. I always double check attachments and zip files before I press send. It has happened more than once that the recipient of my return package has had problems with the package, e.g. empty translation column, but I have no way to verify that it is OK on my side.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

emoji
Reply Children