Too many tags in source text on studio - how do I solve this?

Hi all

This has happened to me before - after uploading the source text to studio 2017 and opening it in the editor - the source opens with far too many tags - so if the text in the source is bolded - instead of having bold tags for a section of text every single word is tagged - making it hard to read and impossible to use language cloud or translation memory because they also come up heavily tagged. As you can see  - it is ridiculous :-). Any help appreciated

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Ruth,

There is also a setting under File > Options > Editor:

Here, you can choose whether to display formatting tags with or without showing their effect. It only eliminates formatting tags, but that's a start.

However, I use the 3rd setting in the dropdown, 'Show all tags but do not show formatting', because it shows me accurately what tags are there without confusing the issue with emboldening or italics etc. I have the full tag text visible too but I'm used to tags, they don't interrupt my reading at all, I recognise what they are there for and ensure that the translated text has the tags in the correct place for a good correctly-formatted end result. But then, I've been doing this a very long time ;-))

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Ali :)