Trados not segmenting on full stop

Hi there,

I have a xliff file which does not segment on full stop. I was trying to achieve a break after the </b>, but now I see, that i doesn't break even on the full stop itself.

I have sentence based segmentation activated.

Any idea?

Thnx!

Burim

Parents
  • I'd say it's related to the segmentation issues described at  (though that post describes different issue).

Basically, the segmentation component does not concern the internal tag being the "anything following the space which follows the punctuation" part of the segmentation rule...

AFAIK, there is nothing you can do about it.

BTW, I'm wondering if the segmentation would work as expected even without this problem... the thing is that in the last two cases of <br> on your screenshot there is no space after the fullstop, so it's questionnable whether the segmentation engine would catch this as well...

• I'd say it's related to the segmentation issues described at  (though that post describes different issue).

Basically, the segmentation component does not concern the internal tag being the "anything following the space which follows the punctuation" part of the segmentation rule...

AFAIK, there is nothing you can do about it.

BTW, I'm wondering if the segmentation would work as expected even without this problem... the thing is that in the last two cases of <br> on your screenshot there is no space after the fullstop, so it's questionnable whether the segmentation engine would catch this as well...

Children
No Data