Studio randomly shuts down

I'm using Studio 2017 and it randomly just shuts itself down without any warning. Poof and it's gone.

It doesn't happen when I'm doing a certain task in particular, just whenever it fancies apparently.

Can someone tell me why this may be happening and how to rectify it if possible?

Parents
  • Hello Jasmine Stolk (JasmineStolk) ,

Do you get any error messages at all prior to the shut down?

Is Studio still running in the task bar?

Task Manager window showing SDL Trados Studio running with low CPU and memory usage.

When Studio simply crashes without warning, this is normally down to a conflict somewhere. Most often to do with your AntiVirus program.

I would try first closing down all apps you have running, then disable your AntiVirus software (you may need to google how to do this for your provider).

Then run a Studio repair -

Control Panel's Programs and Features window with SDL Trados Studio selected for repair.

Now add Studio/Multiterm to your AntiVirus 'whitelist' and restart your machine.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 12:54 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
  • Hello Jasmine Stolk (JasmineStolk) ,

Do you get any error messages at all prior to the shut down?

Is Studio still running in the task bar?

Task Manager window showing SDL Trados Studio running with low CPU and memory usage.

When Studio simply crashes without warning, this is normally down to a conflict somewhere. Most often to do with your AntiVirus program.

I would try first closing down all apps you have running, then disable your AntiVirus software (you may need to google how to do this for your provider).

Then run a Studio repair -

Control Panel's Programs and Features window with SDL Trados Studio selected for repair.

Now add Studio/Multiterm to your AntiVirus 'whitelist' and restart your machine.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 12:54 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children
No Data