Changing font type in editor

Hello,

I translate in to Chinese. I've tried the way shows in this post for several times. Due to the limit of "If document specific formatting is shown this may override the default font.", I've only successfully changed the target font in the editor if the file type is plain text. The thing is we rarely work on plain text. Files like .docx always has their native font setting.

From this post below, it seems that this feature won't work for most of the file types.

https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/257261-studio_2014_changing_the_editing_font_doesnt_work.html

What I need is to have a easy-to-read font type in the editor, like the look and feel back in SDLX. Is that possible? Thank you.

Parents Reply
  • Hallo ,

Thank you for the videos.

I actually watched them one month ago in this post.
    community.sdl.com/.../9839

Although I only want to change the font type on screen and not in the target document, I tried what you did on both videos. The 2nd one is successful. I got the font I want in the target document. But I still can't make any changes on the editing area due to the limit of "If document specific formatting is shown this may override the default font.".

The only instances that I can change the editing font type is when I'm translating a plain text file. But I don't have much job in this file format. Is there any possibilities that the limit will be removed in the future? Thank you.
Children