The source XML file was matched with the custom XML parser and this parser created through File>Options is not displayed under File Types

Hello guys,

I encounter some problems with creating a XML parser via Trados. Did anyone encounter the same issues or know how to fix them?

Here are the problems: 

1. I  created a parser for the Calendar XML file with importing the existing setting file, and I am pretty sure the above steps were done by going to File>Option (the pathway to change the default settings). When I added the Calendar XML file to the project, its file type was identified as XML: Any XML (by theory, it should be the newly created parser named as Calendar_file) and the File Type Identifier was XML: Any v 1.2.0.0 (it should be Copy of XML v 1.3.0.0).  After finishing the project creating, that XML opened in Trados had more translatable segments that the video. I have no idea why this happened.

Trados Studio screenshot showing the 'Create a New Project' window with the Calendar XML file added, incorrectly identified as 'XML: Any XML' instead of 'Calendar_file'.

2. When I did the following things, this could be solved, but it seems not the best final solution.

What I did is

At the step (as shown in the above screenshot), I clicked on the File Type Settings button and repeated the steps for creating the Calendar parser totally following Pavel's demonstration. The second parser was named as Calender_file_2. Then I removed the source XML file and re-added it. Here is the interesting thing that the re-added XML file was identified with Calendar_file_2 and the File Type Identifier became Copy of XML v 1.3.0.0. At this moment, I got the exactly same thing as what Pavel demonstrated in the video. And the XML file opened in Trados includes the same amount of translatable content. I am confused why this pathway works.
Trados Studio screenshot displaying the 'Create a New Project' window with the Calendar XML file correctly identified as 'Calendar_file_2' after re-adding the file.

3. Another strangle thing is: When I went to File>Options>File Types, there is no file type called Calendar_file under File Types. I understand the second parser wasn't displayed in the list because I just created for that specific project, but not for the default setting. What I don't understand is why the first parser that I created in the default pathway wasn't included in the list, either.

Trados Studio screenshot of the 'Project File Type Settings' window, showing a list of file types but missing the 'Calendar_file' type in the list.

Does anyone know the answer or get the same problem?

Thank you in advance!

Shun

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 4:25 PM (GMT 0) on 28 Feb 2024]
emoji