Search and Replace box does not display

I'm using SDL TRados Studio 2019 SR1 - 15.1.044109

For some reason the search and replace no longer displays, whether I click on the search icon in the menu bar or use a keyboard shortcut.

TIA for your help

Bye

Parents Reply
  •   

Hi Isabela,

If, when you look at the toolbar, an empty white rectangle pops up from the toolbar if you hover your mouse cursor over the Studio icon, as in the image below, this means that the Find & Replace dialog has somehow moved off-screen...

Screenshot of Trados Studio with an empty white rectangle popping up from the toolbar indicating the Find & Replace dialog is off-screen.

If so, first right-click on the white rectangle then left click on 'Move' on the popup context menu that appears.

A 'Move' icon (multidirectional arrow) icon will appear. Press the appropriate arrow key on your keyboard to move the dialog box back on-screen. Keep pressing until the Find & Replace dialog is fully back on screen.

So, if the 'Move' icon appears at the top, click the 'down' arrow. If it appears at the bottom, click the 'Up' arrow on your keyboard, left>right or right>left... and keep pressing.

I hope this helps!

If it does not, please start a new thread and someone from RWS support will be able to look at this for you.

To start a new thread, click the +New button top right of your screen to create a new thread, ask your question again and someone will contact you from RWS Support.

The staff at RWS can only generate one Support Case per thread so this is why you need to start a new thread.

Here's how it will look (or something similar):

Screenshot of RWS Community forum page for Trados Portfolio under '2. Licensing and Installation' with options to ask a question or start a discussion.

I hope that you will soon find a solution!

All the best,

Ali Smiley

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 8:17 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children