Bug in Tracked Changes

Hi

I don't know if somebody have the same experience.

Some times, at random, when I try to change something in revision mode (tracked changes), if I mark a word and I delete it by writing something else, the cursor jumps to another place in the segment and insert the thing I was writing.

See example in the pictures: I wanted to change the case of "Change Manager" with Alt+ F3 and the new "CHANGE MANAGER" is inserted on another place in the segment.

Before:

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing text before revision with 'Change Manager' in lowercase.

After:

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing text after revision with 'CHANGE MANAGER' incorrectly inserted in a different part of the segment.

This happens already since a long time, but I never had time to report it, also because it is hard to reproduce as it is very random. When I did the same thing with Facility Manager in the segment, just a second before, this behaviour did not happen.

Thanks and regards,

Angelo

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 9:11 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi RWS support team,

This problem was first reported two years ago by Angelo Caltagirone and thereafter many others and seemingly there has been no follow-up on your side so far. This bug in tracked changes causes words to be deleted unintentionally during the editing process. The cursor jumps to the wrong place when you hit the delete button repeatedly and this happens rather frequently. I hope you will look into this matter seriously as it creates errors in our translation, which may have serious consequences if we do not spot them. Even if we spot the errors, it still wastes us time to correct them.

emoji
Children