Cannot run Trados 2017 due to a chainer.exe error message

Hello

My Trados 2017 software stopped working due to a chainer.exe error message. As a first reflex, I have updated its version and during the process of installation, I got the ame error message prompted. I then decided do uninstall everything and reinstall the software. And, again, I fgot the same error message.

I have checked on the help forums and found this one: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000002885

I followed the hints given in that specific article, installing manually the whole software solution. I now get a different error message when launching the software:

Error message window titled 'SDLTradosStudio.exe - Error de la aplicaci n' with text 'La aplicaci n no se pudo iniciar correctamente (0xc0000005). Haga clic en Aceptar para cerrarla.' and an 'Aceptar' button.

So the Trados software (and Multiterm as well) doesn't launch due to this error but I found out a way to launch it. Apparently, when I reboot, as soon as I see the app icons get prompted in the Windows working area, if I click on Trados or Multiterm, they're launched successfully and I can work without any problem. The only thing I can't do is opening a package directly from the package file as the same error message is prompted. The workaround is to open the packages or files from Trados using the proper options in the "start menu" of Trados.

I am opening this discussion to see whether anyone can help me finding a permanent fix. The only thing that changed over the last 2 days is that I installed a new antivirus but ewither way I have updated this antivirus software parametrs, adding an exception for Trados, so I don't understand where the problem is.

For the record, here's what i have installed in my PC:

List of installed programs including multiple SDL Trados Studio 2017 components and Symantec Endpoint Protection, with details such as size and installation date.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Tony Conde

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 8:28 PM (GMT 0) on 28 Feb 2024]
emoji