Failed to save target content: Index must be within the bounds of the List.

Hello there!

As I don't have access to SDL Support, I'm posting this message here.

A MIF file won't save to target... I could not find anything about this error message :

Failed to save target content: Index must be within the bounds of the List.

Have you ever seen this one?

Regards

Julien

Parents
  • These sort of messages for MIF seem to come from a potential problem with the target content.  Similar problems related to these:

• empty translations or just a space in the translation
    • tags copied from other segments that don't really match what was in the source

A QA check might help with this, but if not the best thing is probably to split the MIF and pretranslate the parts until you find the offending segment.  If you don't have Framemaker then try this approach and see if it helps:

1. back up the target sdlxliff
    2. copy source to target for the entire file and see if this lets you save (just to make sure the next steps are even worthwhile attempting)
    3. if it saves replace the sdlxliff with the backup (keep the backup somewhere safe), then this time copy half the source to target and save target
    4. work through the file like this until you find the part of the file that is causing your problem and it might help you identify where it's going wrong

One other thing that's always worth trying is to simply open the target sdlxliff as a single file project and see if you can save the target from that. Sometimes this can also resolve a problem.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Hello Paul!

Thanks for your answer. Sadly, this also happens when saving target without any target content. The file should be saved with source language, but it doesn't work :-(

Julien

• So there's your answer then.  The only way forward, assuming you are using the latest version of Studio, is to break down the source file to find out where the problem is coming from.  If you send it to me I can try and take a look for you?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Reply Children