Error message -126999713' is not a valid value for 'red'. 'red' should be grater than or equal to 0

Hi, I get the following error message after the upload of the MIF FramMaker 12 file into the project preparing window: '-126999713' is not a valid value for 'red'. 'red' should be grater than or equal to 0....can anybody help? I cannot upload any project in MIF at the moment...This is Studio 2021...Thanks Laura

Error message in Trados Studio 2021 stating '-126999713' is not a valid value for 'red'. 'red' should be greater than or equal to 0.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 10:42 PM (GMT 0) on 28 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Thanks for sending me the file.  I have tested in 2021 and 2019 and am not seeing any error messages at all, working as a single file translation, and also as a proper project.  I can create the project and save the target file.

So... what can be wrong in your case?  I note from your photo that you are using a remote desktop connection to access Studio.  This opens up the possibility for all kinds of things that could be a problem for you, but let's think about the obvious.  When you create this project what template are you using?  How was the template created?

Can you test this by accessing Studio outside of the remote desktop connection?  So have someone work with this directly on the machine it's been installed?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Thanks again for your answer. Yes, I installed Studio 2021 on a desktop in the office two days ago but started working on it from home in remote connection (VPN). Tomorrow I will go in the office and try to prepare projects from there.

The strange thing is that uploading word files as a project from remote connection, I have no error messages, so I am wondering why this should happen with MIF ones.

As far as the template, I used the standard settings (defauld project) since I did not have time to prepare any reference project with particular settings, then I added the TM and finished.

Do you have any other advice after this further information?

Thank you so much for your help.

• Thanks again for your answer. Yes, I installed Studio 2021 on a desktop in the office two days ago but started working on it from home in remote connection (VPN). Tomorrow I will go in the office and try to prepare projects from there.

The strange thing is that uploading word files as a project from remote connection, I have no error messages, so I am wondering why this should happen with MIF ones.

As far as the template, I used the standard settings (defauld project) since I did not have time to prepare any reference project with particular settings, then I added the TM and finished.

Do you have any other advice after this further information?

Thank you so much for your help.

Children
  • The strange thing is that uploading word files as a project from remote connection, I have no error messages

The word filetypes have not really changed between this version and older ones.

so I am wondering why this should happen with MIF ones.

The Framemaker filetypes have been changed.  So if you migrated an old template for example then this could be part of the problem.  Or if an old template is being used... possibly something on your local machine as a result of you working remotely and having an older installation on your laptop at home.  

Just guessing as I don't know enough about your situation, but I think it makes sense to see whether or not this problem is related to the use of RDT or not by testing on the local machine in your office.

I guess one possibility now is to install the application onto your computer at home and see if this works?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Ok thank you very much for your suggestions. The fact is that my desktop in the office crashed one week ago and in the meantime that I am waiting for a new pc, everything has been installed on an old available pc. So maybe this fact + the remote connection could generate the problem.

I also get an error message about internet connection (orange message in the top right corner of Studio 2021) so that I cannot join the cloud. But internet is on, I can work with it for all the other functions, so maybe also this problem could be because of the remote connection.

I do not know. At this point I will check everything tomorrow in the office. Thank you again for your collaboration!! Have a nice day.