Studio editor freezes frequently with message "Generating preview"

For some time now, Studio editor frequently freezes during work, and the message "Generating preview" ("Vorschau wird vorbereitet") appears. It takes 10..30 seconds for the message to disappear, and everything is fine then.

Is there a way to deactivate this preview. I don't use this feature anyway. Has anyone else made a similar experience. It is quite annoying to be forced to pause so frequently...

Parents
  • I just learned from another thread that the problem might not really be linked to the Preview, although the error message suggests that, but rather to the GroupShare connection. Daniel Zielinski wrote:

I had the same issue with a client with Studio 2017 and GS2017. We disabled the Match Repair feature, automatic fragment and concordance search and limited the number of hits from the TM shown to 5. Apparently, this did the trick. We will test and backtrack this today.

Others disabled online resources - but hey, then we could as well go back to the good old typewriter...

Anyone with experience limiting online resources out there?

• I just learned from another thread that the problem might not really be linked to the Preview, although the error message suggests that, but rather to the GroupShare connection. Daniel Zielinski wrote:

I had the same issue with a client with Studio 2017 and GS2017. We disabled the Match Repair feature, automatic fragment and concordance search and limited the number of hits from the TM shown to 5. Apparently, this did the trick. We will test and backtrack this today.

Others disabled online resources - but hey, then we could as well go back to the good old typewriter...

Anyone with experience limiting online resources out there?

Children
No Data