Unable to save package "Could not find a part of the path"

Hi all,

Recently, whenever I get packages from clients, I get a "Could not find a part of path" error whenever I try to save, and I cannot save the file. 

Error message in Trados Studio stating 'Could not find a part of the path' with a file directory path shown, indicating a System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException.

I have read the other topics with this error, where people talk about possibly too long path names etc., but even if the name was too long, I wouldn't know how to shorten the random xliff names generated by packages sent to me by clients. 

This error does not occur when I create the projects myself.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:03 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hi, wanted to say I ran into the same issue today. The error pops up when I tried to save too. Everything was fine with the same file location and file names yesterday then suddenly it wasn't. The only cahnge is that I learned that the source files are updated from the client but there was no name changes and I checked the context and they were identical to how they were yesterday. So I deleted everything, the whoel project including my translation. And reposition the received package directly in C drive just in Documents folder. I cannpt change the file name that was 55 characters long so I did not. I tried reopening the project several tiems from both clicking on SDL project file and drag and drop them. Nothing works. The error meesage promps when the Studio tries to autosave my work and also when I try to save manually. :(

emoji
  • Hi, wanted to say I ran into the same issue today. The error pops up when I tried to save too. Everything was fine with the same file location and file names yesterday then suddenly it wasn't. The only cahnge is that I learned that the source files are updated from the client but there was no name changes and I checked the context and they were identical to how they were yesterday. So I deleted everything, the whoel project including my translation. And reposition the received package directly in C drive just in Documents folder. I cannpt change the file name that was 55 characters long so I did not. I tried reopening the project several tiems from both clicking on SDL project file and drag and drop them. Nothing works. The error meesage promps when the Studio tries to autosave my work and also when I try to save manually. :(

emoji
Children