Create return package

I need help to create a return package. From my client I held a translation package that I opened into the studio. Since I work in several places, I uploaded the project to the cloud. Now I am done with the translation and can't find a way to create a return package. Have I done something wrong? How should I proceed?
Thanks for a quick answer

emoji
Parents
  • Hello ,

If you download a Studio package in an instance of Studio desktop, make sure you do not remove it from the projects list after you opened it in the cloud. If you do that, you won't be able to create a return package even after you download your cloud version of it.

In your case, there is a couple of workarounds to have it back in Studio and ready to create the .rpx:

1. Locate the original package and open it again in Studio. Open the Translation memory and automated translation settings and select "Cloud-based resources" as the translation provider.

Trados Studio Cloud-based Resources window showing Translation Engines tab with options En-Ge, IATE, NMT, and AppsInThecloud.

Next select "Translation engines" in the options and simply choose the translation engines you used when you opened the files in the cloud.

Trados Studio Batch Processing settings with IATE translation memory selected and no visible errors or warnings.

Click Save to add them to your project.

Next go to Batch task>pre-translate files. And run the pre-translation again. Once complete, you can have the project pre-populated with the resources coming from the cloud-based engines.

Trados Studio Pre-Translate Settings with options for minimum match value, translation overwrite mode, and actions when no match found.

So you'll have the project completed quite fast.

2. Second option is to download the cloud sdlxliff and replace the existing sdlxliff file in the target folder of your project folder.

3. The last option is to simply sent the sdlxliff file to your client, without creating the return package, that anyways, it only contains the target sdlxliff. ;-)

Hope the above helps!

Regards,

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:26 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
  • Hello ,

If you download a Studio package in an instance of Studio desktop, make sure you do not remove it from the projects list after you opened it in the cloud. If you do that, you won't be able to create a return package even after you download your cloud version of it.

In your case, there is a couple of workarounds to have it back in Studio and ready to create the .rpx:

1. Locate the original package and open it again in Studio. Open the Translation memory and automated translation settings and select "Cloud-based resources" as the translation provider.

Trados Studio Cloud-based Resources window showing Translation Engines tab with options En-Ge, IATE, NMT, and AppsInThecloud.

Next select "Translation engines" in the options and simply choose the translation engines you used when you opened the files in the cloud.

Trados Studio Batch Processing settings with IATE translation memory selected and no visible errors or warnings.

Click Save to add them to your project.

Next go to Batch task>pre-translate files. And run the pre-translation again. Once complete, you can have the project pre-populated with the resources coming from the cloud-based engines.

Trados Studio Pre-Translate Settings with options for minimum match value, translation overwrite mode, and actions when no match found.

So you'll have the project completed quite fast.

2. Second option is to download the cloud sdlxliff and replace the existing sdlxliff file in the target folder of your project folder.

3. The last option is to simply sent the sdlxliff file to your client, without creating the return package, that anyways, it only contains the target sdlxliff. ;-)

Hope the above helps!

Regards,

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:26 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children
No Data