Packages

Hi all,

I have just received a Return Package from one of our translators and when I open the file in it, segments that are supposed to be showing translated text are still blank though the Package itself is showing 100% translated. I tried clicking on those segments hoping that it would pick them up from the TM which I had added to the Package on creating it but doesn't seem to pick anything up from the TM. Please help urgently.

emoji
Parents
  • Hi

Receiving a return package that has not been progressed is not uncommon and typically happens a result of user error. In particular when managing project paths and locations which is based on the original import of the sent package.

It is no surprise that the TM does not pickup any of the saved translations, as return packages dont contain the TM. The typical workflow would be that your non-updated TM would be updated based on the progressed sdlxliff files that are presumably part of the return package.

Given your current predicament, it maybe easier to get the end user to send you the translations outside of a package. This is so that if anything, you can update your TM and continue as you see fit. 

Have a good day

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hi

Receiving a return package that has not been progressed is not uncommon and typically happens a result of user error. In particular when managing project paths and locations which is based on the original import of the sent package.

It is no surprise that the TM does not pickup any of the saved translations, as return packages dont contain the TM. The typical workflow would be that your non-updated TM would be updated based on the progressed sdlxliff files that are presumably part of the return package.

Given your current predicament, it maybe easier to get the end user to send you the translations outside of a package. This is so that if anything, you can update your TM and continue as you see fit. 

Have a good day

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children