Language Cloud

Since my update to 16.2.8.9097, I have been having problems with the source file being auto-selected as French instead of English.  I am told this is a language cloud issue. Attached is the detail of the issue I encounter when adding a new English file to an existing Eng-Fr project.

<SDLErrorDetails time="2022-01-26 15:39:58">
  <ErrorMessage>Language Cloud engine not found.</ErrorMessage>
  <Exception>
    <Type>Sdl.ProjectApi.ProjectApiException, Sdl.ProjectApi, Version=16.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888</Type>
    <HelpLink />
    <Source />
    <HResult>-2146233088</HResult>
    <StackTrace><![CDATA[]]></StackTrace>
  </Exception>
  <Environment>
    <ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
    <ProductVersion>Studio16</ProductVersion>
    <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>16.2.8.9097</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
    <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Professionnel</OperatingSystem>
    <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
    <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
    <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
    <LoggedOnUser>ODILE-DESKTOP\Odile</LoggedOnUser>
    <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
    <ComputerName>ODILE-DESKTOP</ComputerName>
    <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
    <PhysicalMemory>8259492 MB</PhysicalMemory>
  </Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>

emoji
Parents
  • Hi

Thank you for your post. You say 

I have been having problems with the source file being auto-selected as French instead of English

Please can you clarify the steps and when this language confusion is presented. A screen print may also help clarify context. 
    I am assuming you are referring to NMT but prefer for you to clarify so that I can either help, or know which team to escalate this too. 

Thank you 

Lyds

emoji
  • Good morning:

The attached screenshots show what happens step-by-step when I want to translate Eng-Fr (99% of my projects) since the update to 16.2.8.9097.

• 19: shows the project directory for this client with a translation English to French done some time prior to the update to 16.2.8.9097 without any problems. I was already with the new cloud version 2021 of Trados.
    • 20: does not want to add a new selected file to translate English to French.
    • 21: after pressing OK (see 20), this shows up. Language cloud issue.
    • 22: Shows where files were still created in spite of the problems: Project Dexis – subdirectory en-CA
    • 23: Shows what I get when I open the sdlxliff file it created.

On all the above it was pointed out that the language shown on the left of the screen is “French”.

• 25: Shows that it still happens if I have “English” as the language on the left of the screen. Same problem.

Trados Studio project directory showing a previously completed English to French translation with no errors.Warning message in Trados Studio indicating that the translation provider 'sdl.languagecloud' could not be opened and has been disabled.Error message in Trados Studio stating 'Language Cloud engine not found' when attempting to convert to translate format.File explorer showing the Project Dexis subdirectory en-CA with files created despite language cloud issues.Trados Studio Translation Memory and Document Settings window with English (Canada) as source and French (Canada) as target language.Trados Studio Translation Memory and Document Settings window with English (Canada) as source and French (Canada) as target language.Error message in Trados Studio stating 'Cannot open cloud project file' with details that the project file is still being processed or user lacks permission.Trados Studio task results window showing 'Language Cloud engine not found' error for two files.

<Exception>
        <Type>Sdl.ProjectApi.ProjectApiException, Sdl.ProjectApi, Version=16.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source />
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>
    I am also including the sdlerror file for your info.

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:29 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
  • Good morning:

The attached screenshots show what happens step-by-step when I want to translate Eng-Fr (99% of my projects) since the update to 16.2.8.9097.

• 19: shows the project directory for this client with a translation English to French done some time prior to the update to 16.2.8.9097 without any problems. I was already with the new cloud version 2021 of Trados.
    • 20: does not want to add a new selected file to translate English to French.
    • 21: after pressing OK (see 20), this shows up. Language cloud issue.
    • 22: Shows where files were still created in spite of the problems: Project Dexis – subdirectory en-CA
    • 23: Shows what I get when I open the sdlxliff file it created.

On all the above it was pointed out that the language shown on the left of the screen is “French”.

• 25: Shows that it still happens if I have “English” as the language on the left of the screen. Same problem.

Trados Studio project directory showing a previously completed English to French translation with no errors.Warning message in Trados Studio indicating that the translation provider 'sdl.languagecloud' could not be opened and has been disabled.Error message in Trados Studio stating 'Language Cloud engine not found' when attempting to convert to translate format.File explorer showing the Project Dexis subdirectory en-CA with files created despite language cloud issues.Trados Studio Translation Memory and Document Settings window with English (Canada) as source and French (Canada) as target language.Trados Studio Translation Memory and Document Settings window with English (Canada) as source and French (Canada) as target language.Error message in Trados Studio stating 'Cannot open cloud project file' with details that the project file is still being processed or user lacks permission.Trados Studio task results window showing 'Language Cloud engine not found' error for two files.

<Exception>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source />
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>
    I am also including the sdlerror file for your info.

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:29 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children
No Data