I'm retiring and would like to sell my trados studio 2021.

I'd like to sell my trados license since I'm retiring and won't be using it any more. How do I do this? Or can I even do this? I'd hate for this Cat-tool to go to waste.

corrected spelling...
[edited by: Linda Larsson at 11:33 AM (GMT 0) on 21 Mar 2022]
emoji
Parents
  • Hi Linda,

Officially we don't have a process for this... but of course you can do this yourself.  You'll need to tackle the following:

1. identify who you wish to sell it to and agree the price between yourselves
    2. add them as a user on your account and make them an admin
    3. they will then edit the account details with their own personal information, change the password and remove you
    4. finally they will need to raise a support request (in the licensing and installation forum) and ask for the Language Cloud account to be changed.  This should be accompanied by a signed letter from you to ensure we have some documentation that confirms this is correct.

So it's mostly something you have to arrange and manage.  We don't operate a second hand software shop.  Also the buyer will have to accept that you are of course trustworthy (I'm sure you are of course... but technically it's a risk) and wont use any licences you still have in your possession.  Once they upgrade the version you sell them it won't be a problem, but until then it's obviously a risk.

If you get stuck you can also contact our Live Chat who can help you with the process.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hello Paul. I have a question regarding the process to transfer a license. Is it currently the same you described above (I copied it below), or has anything changed? Thank you.

[Officially we don't have a process for this... but of course you can do this yourself.  You'll need to tackle the following:

1. identify who you wish to sell it to and agree the price between yourselves
    2. add them as a user on your account and make them an admin
    3. they will then edit the account details with their own personal information, change the password and remove you
    4. finally they will need to raise a support request (in the licensing and installation forum) and ask for the Language Cloud account to be changed.  This should be accompanied by a signed letter from you to ensure we have some documentation that confirms this is correct.]
    emoji
  •  

It's the same... no change.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Reply Children