Trados Business Manager
Language Weaver Connectors
Language Weaver Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
RWS User Experience
Internal Trados Ideas Community
RWS Community Internal Group
RWS Training & Certification
RWS Enterprise Technology Partners
Trados Approved Trainers
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Nordic Tridion Docs User Group
Tridion West Coast User Group
Trados Studio Ideas
Trados GroupShare Ideas
Trados Team Ideas
Trados Team Terminology Ideas
Trados Enterprise Ideas
Trados Business Manager Ideas
RWS Appstore Ideas
Tridion Docs Ideas
Tridion Sites Ideas
Language Weaver Ideas
Language Weaver Edge Ideas
Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
LiveContent S1000D Ideas
Events & Webinars
To RWS Support
Detecting language please wait for.......
I have watched the tutorial video on YouTube regarding this subject, and have read a couple of responses to this same question on this forum, but I still cannot get SDL Trados Studio to import an Excel file using the Bilingual Excel file type.
Here is what I have done, in SDL Trados Studio:
1. Selected File > Options. Under options, selected File Types.
2. In the File Types box, looked for the "Bilingual Excel" file type and used the "Move Up" button to move it to the top of the list of Excel converters.
3. Back in the list of File Types, clicked on Bilingual Excel > Common, and selected the appropriate columns for Source and Target.
4. Used the preview function to make sure that the file would be imported properly. The preview looks correct. Clicked on OK to return to Studio's main window.
5. Selected File > New > New Project to start a new project. Selected the file to add. When added, the wizard reports that the file was imported using the SpreadsheetML converter, instead of the Bilingual Excel converter.
Same results were obtained if I unchecked all other Excel converters.
What am I doing wrong?
Please refer to https://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/12/18/tea-and-settings/
You must adapt either the corresponding project template or the project settings, but NOT File -> Options.