Trados doesn't recognize numbers

Hi,

I am experiencing some issues with the QA functionality in Trados.

I have a technical project with roughly 50.000 words. There are lots and lots of numbers and formula. One of the specifications was to add an unbreakable space between any value and its unit.

Ex. 100W => 100 W

Unfortunately, Trados identifies each iteration as an error, as the numbers are presented differently.

Can you help me explain the system that these numbers are OK? I’m not looking forward to “ignoring” more than 5.000 errors :/

Ingrid

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi and thanks for your answer :)

Well, I cannot just omit those space, as they are mandatory in French (separators between number & unit + between groups of threes). I do have this issue with each every file, always, even though my project is set on "French language" with French rules. I don't understand why and I have no idea how to change those parameters so that Trados know how to deal with numbers.

I admit I don't know how to create a "sample file" either. I guess I should create a new project by copy/pasting parts of an already translated file and then let the TM retrieve those segments? If so, I'll try later on as I'm smashed right now, precisely trying to come to terms with those numbers :/

As for now, I simple add those space manually. Propagation then helps a lot with the following segments, but I still have a lot of changes to do. This doesn't really matter to me. The biggest issue is that I get a wrong "error" result for each segment with a number in it :/

Is there any known way to tell Trados that those spaces are normal and it should only check for the number itself, not the alphanumeric sequence?

emoji
Children