"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when adding an existing tag with Ctrl+,

Hi all,

I'm getting this "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error sometimes when I try to add a tag to my translation using Ctrl+,

It doesn't happen in all segments thought, but when it does happen, it's with the same kind of tag (indent).

Before the tag floating list disappears with I hit Ctrl+, I can quickly see it is not populated, and instead has a big red cross over it.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

Martim

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hy Lydia,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm a new user to Trados, and I got the 2021 version just a few months ago, so I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.

This error only happens with IDML (InDesign) files, which I initially couldn't open with Trados, but eventually could after enabling the option "open unknown formats" or something like this under File Types > IDML > Commons.

The project was created by clicking on New Project, setting the folder and adding files and a remote TM, so I'm not aware I've used a specific project template.

I don't know the Language Weaver Plugin, so, if it doesn't come pre-installed, I'm not using it.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more information.

Best regards,

Martim

emoji
Children