How to make attributes of a HTML tag translatable? (Trados 2022)

Hello,

I have a HTML file which is recognized as XHTML 1.1 V 1.2. These files contain <a>-Tags which look like this:

<a contenteditable="false" data-primary="design" data-secondary="stress testing ideas for desirability" data-tertiary="building better products" data-type="indexterm" id="Dstressbetter02">&nbsp;</a>

Now I want to access the attributes and translate them in Trados (they are indexterms of a book).

I tried to change the parser of file type HTML 5, tag <a>, accordingly but to no avail. (I believe this is the right one, called from XHTML 1.1?)

I hope that I could tell Trados to make individual attributes of the tag accessible and translatable by

- changing the correct properties of the a tag here

- adding the atttributes to the list and make them translatable.

But it just doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? :-)

Trados Studio Edit Rule dialog box showing properties for inline tag with attributes 'href' and 'target' set to not translate.

Many thanks for any tipps or help!!

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 7:46 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • THANK YOU!

I had to kill the Trados process via Task manager though when I tried to close the app before checking it all one more time (I had an error message after I deleted the test file from the project directories to start clean while it was still open in an editor window).

Anyway, after the restart the test file works fine, without any further changes. Weird.

BUT WHAT TO DO WITH EXISTING FILES?

Do I now have to add all files which were already part of the project again to apply the new rule? (At least I don't see any effect of the rules. Maybe I'm still missing something.)

Preview of TEST file is fine:

Screenshot of Trados Studio preview window showing HTML file with text 'Stress Test Your Idea for Desirability' and highlighted links.

Adding the TEST file works as well:

Screenshot of Trados Studio translation editor with segmented text for translation, including source and target language columns.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:46 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children