Importing TMX file into studio 2022

Hallo,
3 weeks ago I upgraded from trados  2017 til trados 2022.
When I get a document to translate from my client my client sent also me a TMX and in this TMX there are DeepL and E translation ECJ. There are also other documents in these TMX.
In Studio 2022 all other documents are shown as matches but there are no suggestions from DeepL and E translation ECJ (which are sent from my client in the TMX) When I insert the document and TMX in trados 2017s suggestions from E translation ECJ and DeepL are shown. But when I do the same in trados 2022 they are not. 
What shall I do to make the  DeepL and E translation ECJ included in the TMX file from my cleint occur in Trados 2022? I import the file as I did in trados 2017 but the suggestions shown in trados 2017 and 2022 are not the same
Kind regards
Jenny
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  •   

I didn't see any response from Jenny yet but sometimes the question isn't as clear as it could be.  For example, in 2022 you can import a TMX into a translation memory in exactly the same way as you do it in 2017, or even 2009!  You just select the TM you wish to import it into and then select import from the translation memories view:

Screenshot showing the ability to select the "import" feature by selcting the TM you want to import into in the Translation Memories View

or even from your project settings:

Screenshot showing how to select the import feature to importa TMX into your project TM from the project settings.

But sometimes what the question really is may be something else altogether.  In this case I'm going to guess that the question is that in 2017 you could add a TMX to your project on the fly by selecting it and it would automatically converted into an SDLTM.  This is something different and it is functionality that was removed in 2021 when some of the old legacy features were removed because the telemetry we see in the product showed us that these older features are hardly used anymore and yet they cause problems in being able to make the application more lightweight and in being able to move forward and improve the way the application works.

To recover most of the missing functionality you can install this app from the appstore: https://appstore.rws.com/Plugin/102

But note that even with this you still cannot select a TMX and open it on the fly so it is converted into an SDLTM, and this is what most users seem to be asking for when they say they can't import a TMX anymore.  Your solution is to use the out of the box features to select your TM and import the TMX into it.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji