Bilingual txml file in Trados 2021

Hi!

I am trying to process a bilingual tmxl file in Trados, the file has MT applied.

I tried with the Wordfast TXML plugin but it does not show the target pretranslation. I also tried with Multilingual XML but I guess I have the wrong Xpath, it shows both source and target under the same column (source column) in Trados.

Screenshot of an XML code snippet with UTF-8 encoding and various attributes such as locale set to 'ES' for Spanish and target locale set to 'EN' for English.

How can I process this with Multilingual XML file type?

Thank you

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 8:11 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •   

I guess a couple of things:

1. can you share what settings you used for the ML XML filetype?  If you see source and target in one column then you definitely didn't set this up correctly.
    2. if you share the file, or at least the header and a couple of lines, then we can provide much better help.  I don't really fancy retyping all of that to try and mirror your problem to test.
    emoji
  •  Hi  

I tried different xpath for the ML XML. This is the last set up I got:

Trados Studio Language Mapping settings showing XPath query for languages root element and language pairs Spanish (Spain) to English (United States).

I can share the header, let me know if this helps:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <txml version="1.0" segtype="sentence" datatype="doc" locale="ES" createdby="WF3.4.14" translateIncludeTextField="false" extractHiddenText="false" extractSmartTags="false" ignoreBilingualStyles="false" extractDropDownList="false" acceptTrackChanges="false" extractEquations="false" extractWordComments="true" office.number.extraction.regexp="^\s*+[-+.]?+\d++([-.\,()/+* ]++\d++)*+\s*+$" extractIndexMarkers="false" filters_version="6" targetlocale="EN" wordcount="9513" segmentationOnBreak="false" file_name="C:\Users\typos\Dropbox\Clientes.docx" numberExtraction="false" temp_file_name="C:\Users\typos\.wf_workspace\temp\temp_3979318068866938885.tmp" file_extension="docx" file_md5sum="e95370d4fe21c3c14453edb15253d15c" editedby="WF3.4.14"><translatable blockId="0" wordcount="1"><segment segmentId="1"><source><ut type="content" x="1">&lt;fontformat color="34#42#53#255" highlight="0#0#0" backgroundShadow="0#0#0" foregroundShadow="0#0#0" name="Cambria" biName="Times New Roman" size="16.0" hidden="false"&gt;&lt;b&gt;</ut>MEMORIAS<ut type="content" x="2">&lt;/fontformat&gt;&lt;fontformat color="0#0#0" highlight="0#0#0" backgroundShadow="0#0#0" foregroundShadow="0#0#0" name="Cambria" biName="Times New Roman" size="16.0" hidden="false"&gt;</ut> <ut type="content" x="3">&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/fontformat&gt;</ut></source><target score="100" seginfo="&lt;root username=&quot;typos&quot; tool-name=&quot;WF&quot; tool-version=&quot;3.4.14&quot; timestamp=&quot;20220901T212337Z&quot;/&gt;" creationid="typos" creationdate="20220901T212337Z"><ut type="content" x="1">&lt;fontformat color="34#42#53#255" highlight="0#0#0" backgroundShadow="0#0#0" foregroundShadow="0#0#0" name="Cambria" biName="Times New Roman" size="16.0" hidden="false"&gt;&lt;b&gt;</ut>AIDE-MEMOIRES<ut type="content" x="2">&lt;/fontformat&gt;&lt;fontformat color="0#0#0" highlight="0#0#0" backgroundShadow="0#0#0" foregroundShadow="0#0#0" name="Cambria" biName="Times New Roman" size="16.0" hidden="false"&gt;</ut> <ut type="content" x="3">&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/fontformat&gt;</ut></target><revisions/></segment></translatable><translatable blockId="1" wordcount="3"><segment segmentId="1"><ws><ut type="content" x="1">&lt;fontformat color="0#0#0" highlight="0#0#0" backgroundShadow="0#0#0" foregroundShadow="0#0#0" name="Cambria" biName="Times New Roman" size="14.0" hidden="false"&gt;&lt;b&gt;</ut></ws><source>Serie de webinars</source><ws><ut type="content" x="2">&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/fontformat&gt;</ut></ws><target score="100" seginfo="&lt;root username=&quot;typos&quot; tool-name=&quot;WF&quot; tool-version=&quot;3.4.14&quot; timestamp=&quot;20220901T212337Z&quot;/&gt;" creationid="typos" creationdate="20220901T212337Z">Webinar series</target><revisions/></segment></translatable>

Otherwise, I can send you the file.

Thank you

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
  •   

ok - this screenshot explains why this won't work for you.

Screenshot of Trados Studio Language Mapping settings showing Languages Root as 'txmlsourceutwstarget' with Spanish and English languages listed.

The languages Root is intended to tell the filetype where it will find the language elements.  So it should be something like this:

/txml/translatable

The languages should then be the additional part to the original path that tell the filetype here to find the content for each language.  It is not asking for the language code.  So with the path I used for the root I would then add these for the languages:

segment/target

segment/source

So altogether I have this:

Screenshot of Trados Studio Language Mapping settings with Languages Root 'txmltranslatable' and language locations 'segmenttarget' for English and 'segmentsource' for Spanish.

The path you have provided is actually not a path at all.  I think it might help if you read through the wiki and watch the video for this filetype:  Multilingual XML FileType 

It can also help to strip the file down and just look at the structure.  Basically it's this:

Screenshot of an XML file structure with 'translatable' root element containing 'segment' elements with 'source' and 'target' child elements.

This way the path to each language becomes more clear.  Another quick trick is to go straight to the end of the file as most files will be clear at the end since the header is often full of stuff that's not needed in terms of finding the paths to the translatable content.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
  • Thank you,  

It works.

I'm learning how to use this filetype. It's really useful.

Best,

emoji
Reply Children
No Data