Excluding any text that isn't English from the source section in a bilingual XML

I have a bilingual XML file, is there a way of automatically excluding any text that isn't English from the source section when processing the file in Trados? It's currently a mix of Arabic and English in the source, and I only want to translate the English into Arabic. I could go through the file manually and lock all of the Arabic sections, but this is a really large file so would take too long, is there a way of doing this automatically/creating a setting that excludes the Arabic in the first place? Thank you!

I have SDL Trados Studio 2021 - 16.0.2.3343

emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

Thanks for sending me the file.  I have a couple of questions.

• the file contains language code attributes like this for example:
      countries="BR,CN,DE,RO,PL,FR,ES,PT,NL,GB,HU,IT,RU,TR,ZA,JP,KR,ME,MX,IL"
    • also this attribute:
      translate="no"

I cannot see any language code for Arabic, nor can I see any Arabic text in the file... only English and Chinese.  Please can you confirm which country code should be used for Arabic (I expected AR but cannot find a single reference to this) or at least how these country code attributes should be used?

Can you also confirm if the translate="no" attribute should be acted upon as this will also have an impact on the xml filetype I create once you confirm how I'm supposed to decide which segments go into Arabic.

emoji
Children