Retrofit error message "the method or operation is not implemented"

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what this error message could be about with re to retrofit? This is in Studio 2022.

I also still have the problem that any reports I run are in such ridiculously miniature font that I have to take a screenshot and then zoom in to be able to read it. Would be so nice if that could be fixed also.

Thank you!

Best,

DaniTrados Studio error message window showing 'Update from Reviewed Target File (Retrofit)' task failed with one error. Error reads 'The method or operation is not implemented.'

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 9:02 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
  • Hi  ,

Did you manage to solve this issue yet?

If not, apologies if no one answered yet. Please, can you provide the steps you used to try to update the bilingual file with the target revised version?

I also still have the problem that any reports I run are in such ridiculously miniature font that I have to take a screenshot and then zoom in to be able to read it

Do you happened to have a hi-res screen? it usually happens if you indeed have 4K resolution, so you can try the suggestions from here, to try to solve this:

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000001872 

All the best!

Oana

Oana Nagy | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •   

I just had this, too. See sdlerror file.

For what it's worth, the error message itself is not particularly helpful for the user. It would be nice to have at least some indication of the position in the text where the error occurs.

I just tried on my 2nd PC with essentially the same files (xliff & docx) where Retrofit finished successfully.

<SDLErrorDetails time="23.10.2024 12:33:42">
      <ErrorMessage>The method or operation is not implemented.</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>System.NotImplementedException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>Sdl.Core.Processing.Alignment</Source>
        <HResult>-2147467263</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at Sdl.Core.Processing.Alignment.RetrofitApplier.BilingualTagPairToken.Clone()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Bilingual.MarkupDataContainer..ctor(MarkupDataContainer other)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Bilingual.MarkupDataContainer.Clone()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Bilingual.AbstractMarkerWithContent..ctor(AbstractMarkerWithContent other)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Bilingual.Segment.Clone()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Bilingual.MarkupDataContainer..ctor(MarkupDataContainer other)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Bilingual.Paragraph.Clone()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Bilingual.ParagraphUnit..ctor(ParagraphUnit other)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Bilingual.ParagraphUnit.Clone()
       at Sdl.Core.Processing.Alignment.ReverseAlignment.RetrofitTrackChangesProcessor.<ProcessAlignmentNTo1Async>d__31.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Sdl.Core.Processing.Alignment.ReverseAlignment.RetrofitTrackChangesProcessor.<UpdateXliffParagraphAsync>d__22.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Sdl.Core.Globalization.LegacyAsyncHelpers.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<WrapUnavoidableAsyncCode>b__0()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
       at Sdl.Core.Globalization.LegacyAsyncHelpers.WrapUnavoidableAsyncCode(Func`1 fn)
       at Sdl.Core.Processing.Alignment.ReverseAlignment.RetrofitTrackChangesProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit outputParagraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi.AbstractBilingualContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.LocationMarkerLocator.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.ParagraphUnitBuffer.Release()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.OutputParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit pu)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseLocalizableParagraphUnit(transunit transunit, LockTypeFlags lockFlags)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseTransUnit(transunit transunit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseGroup(group group)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.OnGroup(XmlElement group)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.SdlXliffFeeder.<ContinueScanning>b__14_11(ISdlXliffStreamContentHandler handler)
       at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.SdlXliffFeeder.ContinueScanning()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ContinueParsing()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseNext()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
       at Sdl.Core.Processing.Alignment.Api.AlignmentService.UpdateXliffWithReversedAlignedPackage(String xliffFilePath, String packagePath, IResourceDataAccessorAsync resourceDataAccessor, CultureInfo culture, List`1 bilingualProcessors, EventHandler`1 progressHandler, EventHandler`1 messageReporter, RetrofitUpdateSettings settings)
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.Retrofit.RetrofitTask.RetrofitFile(IExecutingTaskFile taskFile, String reviewTargetFile, RetrofitSettings settings)
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.Retrofit.RetrofitTask.ProcessFile(IExecutingTaskFile taskFile)
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.AbstractFileLevelAutomaticTaskImplementation.Execute()]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>Studio17</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>17.2.11.19134</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 11 Pro</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
        <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
        <LoggedOnUser>-------</LoggedOnUser>
        <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
        <ComputerName>--------</ComputerName>
        <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
        <PhysicalMemory>33219460 MB</PhysicalMemory>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

emoji
  • where Retrofit finished successfully.

I should have said: It finished without errors but didn't pick up any changes

emoji