How can I change default language pair for file-based TMs?

Hi,

I often translate individual documents with file-based TMs. Up above the page where you search for your relevant TM, there are 2 fields with the default source and target languages. I mosly do ENus to FRfr. The default source language is always ENus, which is OK. But the default target language is always German, which is NOT OK. For each job, I must search for "French France" in a neverending list, which is really annoying. Is there a way to change the default target language from German to French (France)?   

Thanks a lot. 

emoji
Parents
  • Hi A

It's not so much the default for TMs, as the default pair for the editor, although it has the same effect.  Go to File / Options / Editor / Languages:

and select the language pair - and direction - you use most often.  That will mean that each time you open a new project, that pair will be there by default.   It will then select the appropriate TM when you get to that stage.

Also, in any case, the software remembers the language pairs you use most often, so rather than having to scroll down through dozens of variants, scroll to the top of the list, and look under "Recently Used Languages"

That will shorten the list you need to search.

Finally, if you know the ISO code for the language pair you need - eg fr-fr for French French, en-gb for British English and so on - you can simply type that to jump straight to the relevant language:

Hope that helps

Rob

emoji
  • Hi A

It's not so much the default for TMs, as the default pair for the editor, although it has the same effect.  Go to File / Options / Editor / Languages:

and select the language pair - and direction - you use most often.  That will mean that each time you open a new project, that pair will be there by default.   It will then select the appropriate TM when you get to that stage.

Also, in any case, the software remembers the language pairs you use most often, so rather than having to scroll down through dozens of variants, scroll to the top of the list, and look under "Recently Used Languages"

That will shorten the list you need to search.

Finally, if you know the ISO code for the language pair you need - eg fr-fr for French French, en-gb for British English and so on - you can simply type that to jump straight to the relevant language:

Hope that helps

Rob

emoji
Children