Serbian language - Google API

I have a problem translating documents into Serbian using Google API. In the project settings I have set the language combination to Serbian (Latin), but Trados outputs the translation in Cyrillic. How can I set the translation to be output in Latin?

  • Hello,

    To ensure that your translations are output in Latin when using the Google API, follow these steps:

    Step 1: Double-check your project settings to ensure that the source and target languages are set to Serbian (Latin).

    Step 2: Verify that your Termbase is also set to Serbian (Latin) for both source and target languages. If it's not, create a new Termbase with the correct language settings or update the existing one.

    Step 3: If you're still experiencing issues, you may need to adjust the settings within the Google API itself. Check the API documentation to see if there's an option to specify the desired script (Latin or Cyrillic) for the Serbian language.

    Step 4: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, consider using a different machine translation provider that supports Serbian (Latin) more accurately, such as Language Weaver.

    By following these steps, you should be able to output translations in Latin when working with Serbian documents.

    Best regards,