Is it possible to create a project via Windows Explorer instead opening a single file?

I am trying to create a project via Windows Explorer instead via SDL Trados 2022 menu options.
That would speed up creating a project with multiple files if SDL Trados has not opened before. Otherwise I have to wait for the SDL to load and then interact with menu options of software or I am forced to translate multiple files as different projects.

emoji
Parents

Any software must be running to be able to do things.

I have to wait for the SDL to load and then interact with menu options of software

Yes, Trados Studio has a slow start, that’s why many users keep it running while working. Anyway, waiting 20 seconds isn’t a real issue, is it?

or I am forced to translate multiple files as different projects

From Trados Studio you can create a project with multiple files. What I do with some clients that keep sending small files, in Studio I create a subfolder in an existing created project and then add the new files to that folder. Only at the beginning of each month I create a new project for this client. In this way, I reuse projects, avoid creating micro-projects ad keep control of new assignments.

Trados Studio screenshot showing the option to 'Add New Folder' highlighted within the Project folders menu.

Anyway, if wish to automate the workflow and you have the Professional version (it won’t work in Freelance Trados Studio), you can try the InSource app:

https://appstore.rws.com/Plugin/31

Wiki here:  Trados InSource!

I hope some of the ideas posted here are good for you.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 11:47 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]

Any software must be running to be able to do things.

I have to wait for the SDL to load and then interact with menu options of software

Yes, Trados Studio has a slow start, that’s why many users keep it running while working. Anyway, waiting 20 seconds isn’t a real issue, is it?

or I am forced to translate multiple files as different projects

From Trados Studio you can create a project with multiple files. What I do with some clients that keep sending small files, in Studio I create a subfolder in an existing created project and then add the new files to that folder. Only at the beginning of each month I create a new project for this client. In this way, I reuse projects, avoid creating micro-projects ad keep control of new assignments.

Trados Studio screenshot showing the option to 'Add New Folder' highlighted within the Project folders menu.

Anyway, if wish to automate the workflow and you have the Professional version (it won’t work in Freelance Trados Studio), you can try the InSource app:

https://appstore.rws.com/Plugin/31

Wiki here:  Trados InSource!

I hope some of the ideas posted here are good for you.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 11:47 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children