Is it possible to create a project via Windows Explorer instead opening a single file?

I am trying to create a project via Windows Explorer instead via SDL Trados 2022 menu options.
That would speed up creating a project with multiple files if SDL Trados has not opened before. Otherwise I have to wait for the SDL to load and then interact with menu options of software or I am forced to translate multiple files as different projects.

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

Yes, it's possible to create a project via Windows Explorer in Trados Studio 2022. Here's how you can do it:

Step 1: Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder containing the files you want to translate.

Step 2: Select all the files you want to include in your project.

Step 3: Right-click on the selected files and from the context menu, choose "Create a Project in Trados Studio".

Step 4: Trados Studio will open and automatically create a new project with the selected files.

This method allows you to bypass the initial loading time of Trados Studio and directly create a project with multiple files. It's a great way to speed up the project creation process, especially when dealing with multiple files.

Remember, the files you select should be recognized file types by Trados Studio to be treated as translatable files.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Windows Explorer has no context menu "Create a Project in Trados Studio".

emoji
  • Hello,

I apologize for the confusion. The "Create a Project in Trados Studio" option in the Windows Explorer context menu is not a built-in feature of Trados Studio. However, you can still create a project with multiple files in Trados Studio without having to open each file individually. Here's how:

Step 1: Open Trados Studio.

Step 2: Click on "New Project" on the welcome screen or go to "File" > "New" > "Project".

Step 3: Follow the New Project wizard steps until you reach the "Files" step.

Step 4: In the "Files" step, click on "Add Files" and navigate to the folder containing the files you want to translate.

Step 5: Select all the files you want to include in your project and click "Open".

Step 6: Continue with the New Project wizard steps to finish creating your project.

This way, all the selected files will be included in the same project, and you can translate them together. I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

I apologize for the confusion. The "Create a Project in Trados Studio" option in the Windows Explorer context menu is not a built-in feature of Trados Studio. However, you can still create a project with multiple files in Trados Studio without having to open each file individually. Here's how:

Step 1: Open Trados Studio.

Step 2: Click on "New Project" on the welcome screen or go to "File" > "New" > "Project".

Step 3: Follow the New Project wizard steps until you reach the "Files" step.

Step 4: In the "Files" step, click on "Add Files" and navigate to the folder containing the files you want to translate.

Step 5: Select all the files you want to include in your project and click "Open".

Step 6: Continue with the New Project wizard steps to finish creating your project.

This way, all the selected files will be included in the same project, and you can translate them together. I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data