Trados Studio 2022 Freelance after update to 17.1.8.17828 Language Weaver error message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Hi team,

I just installed the update in Studio 2022 to version 17.1.8.17828 and have trouble using Language Weaver - what does this error message mean?

Error dialog box in Trados Studio 2022 showing 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' with details of the error source from Language Weaver and a stack trace of system functions.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 12:48 PM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

It's more helpful to share the stacktrace itself as text and not a screenshot.  You can save the error stack from the message by clicking on the little disk symbol, saving to your desktop and then attach the file to your post.

However, did you update the plugin or did you try to use the old one in the updated Trados Studio?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the plugin again after I updated Trados Studio because it wasn't shown as an available option in the Translation Memory and Automated Translation menu. I then followed the instructions on renaming all the folders that might be causing the issue, but to no avail. Trados Studio curiously also now just shuts down when I hit Shift + Enter to confirm a segment. It seems to only do that for very few segments but for those repeatedly. 

Anyway, this is the error stack I now get when I add and log in to Language Weaver for Automated Translation:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<SDLErrorDetails time="07/11/2023 16:49:55">

<ErrorMessage>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</ErrorMessage>

<Exception>

<Type>System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>

<HelpLink/>

<Source>LanguageWeaver</Source>

<HResult>-2147467261</HResult>

<StackTrace>

<![CDATA[ at Sdl.Community.MTCloud.Provider.Studio.TranslationProvider.SdlMTCloudTranslationProvider.get_Name() at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.TranslationMemory.TranslationMemoriesControl.VerifyLanguages(ProjectCascadeEntryItem entry) at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.TranslationMemory.TranslationMemoriesControl.pluginContextMenuStripItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ]]>

</StackTrace>

</Exception>

<Environment>

<ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>

<ProductVersion>Studio17</ProductVersion>

<EntryAssemblyFileVersion>17.1.8.17828</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>

<OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 11 Pro</OperatingSystem>

<ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>

<OperatingSystemLanguage>1031</OperatingSystemLanguage>

<CodePage>1252</CodePage>

<LoggedOnUser>THINKYPINKY\dedou</LoggedOnUser>

<DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>

<ComputerName>THINKYPINKY</ComputerName>

<ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>

<PhysicalMemory>16511244 MB</PhysicalMemory>

</Environment>

</SDLErrorDetails>

emoji
  • Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the plugin again after I updated Trados Studio because it wasn't shown as an available option in the Translation Memory and Automated Translation menu. I then followed the instructions on renaming all the folders that might be causing the issue, but to no avail. Trados Studio curiously also now just shuts down when I hit Shift + Enter to confirm a segment. It seems to only do that for very few segments but for those repeatedly. 

Anyway, this is the error stack I now get when I add and log in to Language Weaver for Automated Translation:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<SDLErrorDetails time="07/11/2023 16:49:55">

<ErrorMessage>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</ErrorMessage>

<Exception>

<Type>System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>

<HelpLink/>

<Source>LanguageWeaver</Source>

<HResult>-2147467261</HResult>

<StackTrace>

<![CDATA[ at Sdl.Community.MTCloud.Provider.Studio.TranslationProvider.SdlMTCloudTranslationProvider.get_Name() at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.TranslationMemory.TranslationMemoriesControl.VerifyLanguages(ProjectCascadeEntryItem entry) at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.TranslationMemory.TranslationMemoriesControl.pluginContextMenuStripItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ]]>

</StackTrace>

</Exception>

<Environment>

<ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>

<ProductVersion>Studio17</ProductVersion>

<EntryAssemblyFileVersion>17.1.8.17828</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>

<OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 11 Pro</OperatingSystem>

<ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>

<OperatingSystemLanguage>1031</OperatingSystemLanguage>

<CodePage>1252</CodePage>

<LoggedOnUser>THINKYPINKY\dedou</LoggedOnUser>

<DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>