Issues with random activation of Alt, Ctrl, Shift keys, while working in Editor window of Studio 2022

Hi,

I have been experiencing issues after last update of Studio to 2022 SR2 - 17.2.8.18668 on Windows 10.

While working in the Editor window of Studio and typing, Studio randomly "presses extra keys" like Alt, Ctrl, Shift, which opens various sub-windows, functions or calls other shortcuts.

As you can imagine this can be very disruptive to my workflow. The frequency varies with different types of fileformats or packages being processed, but it can happen as often as every 5-10 seconds.

This issue is just with Studio, no other software on my operation system suffers by randomly adding false keystrokes to my typing.

It is also not a case of damaged or broken keyboard, as I tested it on another computer.

Does anyone have any idea, what might be causing this?

Thank you for any insights.

Regards,

Václav

emoji
Parents
  •  

Unusual and I don't have any advice based on experience with this particular issue.  But perhaps something here may help you find the problem and resolve it yourself?

1. Conflicting Software: Other software running in the background might interfere with Trados Studio.  This can include keyboard managers, macro programs (AHK for example), or even certain antivirus programs.  Try closing other applications one by one to see if the problem persists.

2. Plugin or Extension Conflict: If you have any plugins or extensions installed in Trados Studio, one of them might be causing the issue.  Try disabling them temporarily to see if the problem stops.

3. Corrupted User Profile or Settings: Sometimes, user profiles or specific settings within the software can become corrupted, especially after an update.  Try resetting Trados Studio to its default settings.  To do this just close Trados Studio and then rename this folder:

c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\Studio17\

to c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\Studio17_old\

If you can't find this folder then you need to unhide your hidden files/folders:

www.howtogeek.com/.../

Then restart Trados Studio and see if that helped.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

Unusual and I don't have any advice based on experience with this particular issue.  But perhaps something here may help you find the problem and resolve it yourself?

1. Conflicting Software: Other software running in the background might interfere with Trados Studio.  This can include keyboard managers, macro programs (AHK for example), or even certain antivirus programs.  Try closing other applications one by one to see if the problem persists.

2. Plugin or Extension Conflict: If you have any plugins or extensions installed in Trados Studio, one of them might be causing the issue.  Try disabling them temporarily to see if the problem stops.

3. Corrupted User Profile or Settings: Sometimes, user profiles or specific settings within the software can become corrupted, especially after an update.  Try resetting Trados Studio to its default settings.  To do this just close Trados Studio and then rename this folder:

c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\Studio17\

to c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\Studio17_old\

If you can't find this folder then you need to unhide your hidden files/folders:

www.howtogeek.com/.../

Then restart Trados Studio and see if that helped.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data