I cannot open Trados Studio 2022. Got the message: "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index".

It's been more than 3 weeks since I last used this computer, but Trados was working fine before. When I couldn't open Trados this morning, I updated the programme latest version but it still won't open. Please help! 

I got the following error details:

<SDLErrorDetails time="04/01/2024 11:01:25">
<ErrorMessage>Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index</ErrorMessage>
<Exception>
<Type>SimpleInjector.ActivationException, SimpleInjector, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=984cb50dea722e99</Type>
<HelpLink />
<Source>SimpleInjector</Source>
<HResult>-2146233088</HResult>
<StackTrace><![CDATA[ at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.GetInstance()
at SimpleInjector.Internals.ContainerControlledCollection`1.GetInstance(InstanceProducer producer)
at SimpleInjector.Internals.ContainerControlledCollection`1.CopyTo(TService[] array, Int32 arrayIndex)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Sdl.Platform.UI.Wizard.Framework.WizardBuilder.BuildWizardPages[TSharedData](TSharedData sharedData, IWizardWindowViewModel wizardWindowVm)
at Sdl.Platform.UI.Wizard.Framework.WizardBuilder.Build[TSharedData](TSharedData sharedData)
at Sdl.Platform.UI.Wizard.Framework.WizardBuilder.Build[TSharedData,TBackendService](TSharedData sharedData)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.SetupWizard.SetupWizardLauncher.Execute()
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Studio.ExecuteStartupExtensions(ISplashScreen splashScreen, IEnumerable`1 startUpActions)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Studio.Run(ISplashScreen splashScreen, IPluginLoaderService pluginLoaderService, ICommandLineParsingService commandLineParsingService, IUserSettingsService userSettingsService, IEnumerable`1 startUpActions, ILicensingService licensingService)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Application.Launcher.RunApplication()]]></StackTrace>
<InnerException>
<Type>System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
<ParamName>index</ParamName>
<HelpLink />
<Source>mscorlib</Source>
<HResult>-2146233086</HResult>
<StackTrace><![CDATA[ at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.SetupWizard.UserProfileWizardPageViewModel..ctor(IUserSettingsService userSettingsService, IMessageService messageService, IOpenFileDialog openFileDialog, IUserProfileFactory userProfileFactory)
at lambda_method(Closure )
at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.BuildAndReplaceInstanceCreatorAndCreateFirstInstance()
at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.GetInstance()]]></StackTrace>
</InnerException>
</Exception>
<Environment>
<ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
<ProductVersion>Studio17</ProductVersion>
<EntryAssemblyFileVersion>17.2.9.18688</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
<OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Home</OperatingSystem>
<ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
<OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
<CodePage>1252</CodePage>
<LoggedOnUser>LAPTOP-CVCG3QHK\Ina</LoggedOnUser>
<DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
<ComputerName>LAPTOP-CVCG3QHK</ComputerName>
<ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
<PhysicalMemory>8300188 MB</PhysicalMemory>
</Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>

Parents
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble opening Trados Studio 2022. The error message you're seeing is usually related to a problem with the software's configuration files. Here's how you can try to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Close Trados Studio if it's open.

Step 2: Navigate to the folder where Trados Studio's configuration files are stored. This is typically located in the following directory: C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[Version Number]\.

Step 3: In this folder, you should see a file named 'UserSettings.xml'. Rename this file to something like 'UserSettings_old.xml'. This will allow Trados Studio to create a new configuration file the next time it starts up.

Step 4: Try opening Trados Studio again. If the problem was related to the configuration file, the software should now start up without any issues.

If you're still having trouble after trying these steps, it might be necessary to reinstall Trados Studio. Remember to back up any important data before doing so.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • I'm having the same problem with Trados Studio 2022. Since it crashed a few days ago, I can no longer open the program and I get the "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index" message. I've tried renaming the User and Basic settings folders -- no change -- and then uninstalled and re-installed Trados. Still no joy. I still get the same message. In the meantime, I've gone back to using Studio 2021, which works fine. Any suggestions?

emoji
Reply Children
No Data