Office 2013 to office 365 - MS Word Spell Checker does not work

I changed office 2013 to office 365, but if I try to change in the section Options -> Editor -> Spelling Hunspell Spell Checker to MS Word Spell Checker I receive an error message: Unable to select spell checker extension. Unable to cast COM object of type 'Micrsoft.Offic.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass' to interfacc type 'Microsoft. Office.Interop.Word._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID .... (Exception form HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)). I already tried to repair Trados but it did not help. The error message remains. Can someone help me?

emoji
  • Hi  ,

Based on the context provided, it seems like you're experiencing an issue with the MS Word Spell Checker in Trados Studio after upgrading from Office 2013 to Office 365. This issue might be due to the presence of macros in your default Word document template (Normal.dotm file). Here's a step-by-step guide on how to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Close Trados Studio and Outlook.

Step 2: Open the Normal.dotm file in Word. You can do this by selecting Open/Browse and navigating to: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates.

Step 3: Remove all macros from the ribbon Views/Macros dialog.

Step 4: Close Word to save the document template.

Step 5: Close all Winword.exe processes from Task Manager/Details.

Step 6: In Trados Studio, attempt to set up the Word spell checker again, in the Options dialog/Spelling.

Step 7: If the macro-related error still appears, repeat steps 5 and 6.

If the issue persists, you can also try the following:

Step 8: Clean up temporary files from C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.Word.

Step 9: Sign out and back in to Windows or restart your machine.

Step 10: Start Word (and Outlook too/not) before opening Trados Studio to set up the Word spell checking again.

Please note that these steps might not resolve the issue if it's not related to macros in the default Word document template. However, it's a good starting point for troubleshooting this issue.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Oana

Oana Nagy | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji