Cannot activate "Find" (Ctrl + F)

Dear all,

I just opened my Trados 2022 and all of a sudden, I cannot search the documents with the "find" function (Ctrl + F) anymore nor can I do it from the toolbar. As from the options menue, the shortcut is linked, so that doesn't seem to be the reason. The problem doesn't seem to be one of the document, neither, as it appears with different documents.
My Trados is Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.9.18688.

Any ideas?

Thanks and kind regards

Gerald

emoji
  • Hello Gerald,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the "Find" function in Trados Studio 2022. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Reset your keyboard shortcuts. Go to File > Options > Keyboard Shortcuts. Click on 'Reset All' and then 'OK'. This will reset all your keyboard shortcuts to their default settings.

Step 2: Check if the issue persists with other projects or files. If it's specific to a certain project or file, there might be an issue with that particular item.

Step 3: Try to repair your Trados Studio installation. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, find Trados Studio 2022, right-click on it and select 'Repair'. Follow the prompts to complete the repair process.

Step 4: If the issue still persists, you might want to consider reinstalling Trados Studio. Please make sure to back up your settings and resources before doing so.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • Hello Gerald,

I had the same issue today with the same version of Trados.

I fixed it by maximizing the Trados window because it wasn't set to be fully expanded (you do this in the upper right corner, just like in a normal browser window).

If this doesn't help, try this:

1. Go to the View tab and click on Reset Window Layout.

If this didn't help then try this:

2. Press the Window button on your keyboard, go to Control Panel, then Programs (Install/Uninstall), find Trados Studio, right click it (Remove/Change) and then click Repair.

After it finishes, restart your computer.

Finally, there is one more common situation:

3. People often work or have recently worked with a (secondary) monitor and they "forget" that the Search window stayed in that second monitor. So, the solution is to connect your computer to that second monitor again and you should see the Search window there.

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Attila

emoji
  • Locate the F&R window with Alt+Tab, then press and hold the Windows button and press either left or right arrow 2 or 3 times to bring the F&R window into your screen. It seems to be off screen.

emoji