Term recognition does not work in certain termbases after latest update

Hi All,

A few days ago I updated Trados and Multiterm to the latest verstions: TradosStudio2022SR2_17.2.10.19084 and MultiTermDesktop2022_17.2.3.2795

Now, term recognition inside Trados editor seems to not work with certain termbases but in other projects the same termbases seem to work OK.

Reorganizing the termbase does not seem to produce the desired effect in this case.

I understand that the information is not enough as supplied but any suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,

PTs

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  •     

Thanks for confirming your language pairs.  This would be consistent with the bug reports we have now raised (our references CRQ-37440 and CRQ-37564) as the problem manifests itself with non-western scripts.  It's odd it never came up in any of our testing, including the Beta Testing as it was quite a protracted period, but I guess there's always a time constraint for busy professionals.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hi Paul,

Actually, I have experienced similar issues with JA-EN termbase many times in the past (since 2019 when I started using Studio), but they were not as serious as the current one.

When Term Recognition stopped working, I just created a new termbase file, deleted a few recent entries in the last termbase file (as I assumed that the last entry or two caused the issue), and used the new and old termbase file(s) together on Studio. That way, I managed to cope with the problem and keep going. This caused me to end up having many termbase files (like "Med", "Med_2", "Med_3"...), but I was not bothered.

In other occasions (which occurred a long time ago like c. 2021-2022), a particular termbase file kept on causing Studio to crash when used in conjunction with certain document files. I was able to cope with it by removing the termbase file. I then created a new termbase file for the document files.

It seems that, as you say, non-Western characters may be the culprits.

Hope this information helps provide some insights.

Regards,

Nami

emoji