Term recognition does not work in certain termbases after latest update

Hi All,

A few days ago I updated Trados and Multiterm to the latest verstions: TradosStudio2022SR2_17.2.10.19084 and MultiTermDesktop2022_17.2.3.2795

Now, term recognition inside Trados editor seems to not work with certain termbases but in other projects the same termbases seem to work OK.

Reorganizing the termbase does not seem to produce the desired effect in this case.

I understand that the information is not enough as supplied but any suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,

PTs

emoji
Parents
  • I have this bug too, which is intermittent and seems to happen after auto-propagation has propagated some segments. Term recognition then stops abruptly.

Together with other bugs in terminology, which I've also reported here and which remain unfixed, Studio is effectively useless for terminology now. I'd respectfully suggest fixing these serious bugs before adding yet more features to a product already groaning under the weight of unrectified issues. Unless the new AI features are somehow going to solve these problems.

emoji
  • Regarding your statement, "Together with other bugs in terminology, which I've also reported here and which remain unfixed, Studio is effectively useless for terminology now.", I totally agree.

I have long since been unable to use Studio in my daily work translating because whether or not term recognition will work seems to be totally random, and always has been. I have been using Trados Studio since the murky beginning of time, and always end up giving up on it in disgust after a few weeks of giving it yet another try.

I really doubt the issue reported in this thread is restricted to Asian languages. I suspect it's just the age-old problem rearing one of its myriad serpentine heads. Mark my words, hell will freeze over before the RWS team manage to fix this pesky problem. 

I have tried every trick in the book to get reliable term recognition working in Studio:

• the built in MultiTerm termbases (problem persists!)
    • RyS Termbase & Translation Assembler (RWS app, now called ‘RYSTUDIO Post-editing Package’)(IYAM, the best/only way to get reliable term recognition in Studio)
    • TermExcelerator (an app that allows you to use Excel files as termbases)(problem persists!)
    • the new cloud termbases (problem persists!)
    • using external term lookup software like GT4T’s Simple Glossaries (not really practical)
    • using no termbase and relying solely on TM/concordance searching (not really practical)

See also: community.rws.com/.../167933

emoji
  • Regarding your statement, "Together with other bugs in terminology, which I've also reported here and which remain unfixed, Studio is effectively useless for terminology now.", I totally agree.

I have long since been unable to use Studio in my daily work translating because whether or not term recognition will work seems to be totally random, and always has been. I have been using Trados Studio since the murky beginning of time, and always end up giving up on it in disgust after a few weeks of giving it yet another try.

I really doubt the issue reported in this thread is restricted to Asian languages. I suspect it's just the age-old problem rearing one of its myriad serpentine heads. Mark my words, hell will freeze over before the RWS team manage to fix this pesky problem. 

I have tried every trick in the book to get reliable term recognition working in Studio:

• the built in MultiTerm termbases (problem persists!)
    • RyS Termbase & Translation Assembler (RWS app, now called ‘RYSTUDIO Post-editing Package’)(IYAM, the best/only way to get reliable term recognition in Studio)
    • TermExcelerator (an app that allows you to use Excel files as termbases)(problem persists!)
    • the new cloud termbases (problem persists!)
    • using external term lookup software like GT4T’s Simple Glossaries (not really practical)
    • using no termbase and relying solely on TM/concordance searching (not really practical)

See also: community.rws.com/.../167933

emoji
Children