Quick Place does not work properly in Trados Studio 2022 SR2 17.2.10.19084

After installing the new version Trados Studio 2022 SR2 17.2.10.19084 the Quick Place function does not work properly.

Screenshot showing Trados Studio interface with Quick Place function activated, displaying a pop-up list with items labeled 'cf' that cannot be selected using the Enter key.

When you press Ctrl+Alt+Down to bring up the list you are able to navigate the pop-up list with arrow keys but it is not possible to place an item by pressing Enter. Nothing happens as if no key has been presses. It is a major blunder as it affects basic functionality. Naturally one can reach for the mouse and click a desired item but is a major annoyance.

I updated three separate TS setups and the behaviour is the same, so it is not a local problem. I looked at the list of shortcuts if there are any conflicting entries but I cannot find anything obvious that would cause this. Any ideas?

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 3:13 PM (GMT 0) on 22 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •   

What I didnt make clear in my video is that I dont hold the Ctrl+Enter. 
    Once the menu is open,  I am using the arrow keys and Enter independently. 

So this is different to what you say 

it is required to press Ctrl+Enter rather than just Enter

And my experience is not aligned with

When you release Ctrl you can navigate the list but it impossible to place any item because the lists disappears when you press Ctrl again.

Perhaps you can try reset Studio given you posted this against CU10 and presumably it was working correctly before.

Instructions on how to reset & repair Studio can be found here.

Let me know how you get on

Lyds

emoji
  • Hi Lydia,

Thank you for your answer. What I found reading documentation is that items from the pop-up list can be placed either using Enter or Tab key. So while the Enter key cannot be used anymore (at least on my machines), I can still use the TAB key, which works for now. It took some time to get used to, but after a few hours you adjust.

emoji
Reply Children
No Data