Add ProductName Field in SDLTM

Hi Team,

I want to add the ProductName attribute to all segments in SDLTM. Currently, the known method is to add the ProductName in SDLTM settings.
However, I would like to ask if it is possible to add a certain ProductName attribute in the .sdlxliff bilingual file in advance, so that the ProductName attribute can be automatically imported when importing into SDLTM.

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing segments 9 and 10 with 'Test001' and 'Test002' respectively, and a 'Field Values' dialog box with 'ProductName' attribute set to 'Test_Batch6'.

Thanks

Rihei

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 9:09 AM (GMT 0) on 26 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

Yes absolutely

If you go to Project Settings. Ensure your TM is enabled. Then go to Update as seen in my screen print, you will notice all your TM custom fields will be listed.
    You get to define at project level what the value should be.

Trados Studio Project Settings window showing Translation Memory and Automated Translation settings with an Update option selected. A Field Values section displays a field named 'ProductName' with an empty value column.

This means everytime you confirm a segment / update TM - the associated ProductName is automatically marked up against the segment.

If you worry about doing this on a per project bases - then please do think about Project Templates. So when you create your Projects moving forward, settings like this is automatically applied 

You may find"best practices" about this by watching a previous session  presented. Click here

I hope this helps 

Lyds 

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:43 PM (GMT 0) on 26 Mar 2024]
  •  

Yes absolutely

If you go to Project Settings. Ensure your TM is enabled. Then go to Update as seen in my screen print, you will notice all your TM custom fields will be listed.
    You get to define at project level what the value should be.

Trados Studio Project Settings window showing Translation Memory and Automated Translation settings with an Update option selected. A Field Values section displays a field named 'ProductName' with an empty value column.

This means everytime you confirm a segment / update TM - the associated ProductName is automatically marked up against the segment.

If you worry about doing this on a per project bases - then please do think about Project Templates. So when you create your Projects moving forward, settings like this is automatically applied 

You may find"best practices" about this by watching a previous session  presented. Click here

I hope this helps 

Lyds 

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:43 PM (GMT 0) on 26 Mar 2024]
Children