segmentation rule - XLIFF file

Hello,

I have a XLIFF file.

How do you change the segmentation of this segment in Trados, since all the sentences are in a single segment?

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing a XLIFF file with all sentences in a single segment, marked by purple underline and segment markers 1.

thank you

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 11:00 AM (GMT 0) on 26 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

Segmentation rules come as a result of 1 of 2 places.

1. TM

90% of the time it will be the TM Settings.
    TM's by default are predefined with rules. Example  I see you have a semi colon and in theory Studio should segment on it.
    That said, they can be customised. 

You need to have your TM segment rules defined BEFORE you create your project (have a SDLXLFF File)

2. File Type Settings

In other cases, and most commonly in open sourced formats like XML. Parser rules also influence segmentation.
    You have strings marked up as dont translate, as well as tags that could be inline vs structure.

I assume what you have is simply an XLIFF native and not a SDL.XLIFF?

Please look at the XLIFF File type settings initially. 
    I suspect you will be amending the embedded content area to define rules around some elements.

Trados Studio screenshot showing XLIFF file type settings with a focus on Embedded content section. Options for enabling embedded content processing and defining tag rules are visible.

I am happy to play around if you are able to send a file with clear ideals.

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:56 PM (GMT 0) on 26 Mar 2024]
  •  

Segmentation rules come as a result of 1 of 2 places.

1. TM

90% of the time it will be the TM Settings.
    TM's by default are predefined with rules. Example  I see you have a semi colon and in theory Studio should segment on it.
    That said, they can be customised. 

You need to have your TM segment rules defined BEFORE you create your project (have a SDLXLFF File)

2. File Type Settings

In other cases, and most commonly in open sourced formats like XML. Parser rules also influence segmentation.
    You have strings marked up as dont translate, as well as tags that could be inline vs structure.

I assume what you have is simply an XLIFF native and not a SDL.XLIFF?

Please look at the XLIFF File type settings initially. 
    I suspect you will be amending the embedded content area to define rules around some elements.

Trados Studio screenshot showing XLIFF file type settings with a focus on Embedded content section. Options for enabling embedded content processing and defining tag rules are visible.

I am happy to play around if you are able to send a file with clear ideals.

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:56 PM (GMT 0) on 26 Mar 2024]
Children