Studio TM not accepted on new installation and other issues

When I switched to a new Windows laptop a copy of my main TM was not accepted by Trados 2021 though the same TM can be used by the same software on my old laptop. Using the repair add-on did not help. Only this one TM is affected.

And when I tried to open a new project package, the open package function does not see the file, but sees the file from last project. I had to start the project by double click on teh file. When I now saved the return package the save function sees the package but the open package function not. In fact the open package function does not see the return package either even All supported formats is selected.

emoji
  •  

When I switched to a new Windows laptop a copy of my main TM was not accepted by Trados 2021

What does that mean "not accepted"?  What happens?  Are you opening in the maintenance view or trying to add it to a project?

Only this one TM is affected.

Is it saved in the same location as others?  Is it much larger?  Anything at all different about this one?

And when I tried to open a new project package, the open package function does not see the file, but sees the file from last project. I had to start the project by double click on teh file. When I now saved the return package the save function sees the package but the open package function not. In fact the open package function does not see the return package either even All supported formats is selected.

This sounds like confusion over what you're working with to me.  Can you tell us the file extensions of each file you are attempting to open and also how you are attempting to open them?

emoji