Copy source to target

Hello,

I'm translating a document from German into French which already contains a huge part in French.

I found out that I can use right click and copy source to target, but I don't want to do this for every segment.

Is there an automated way to do it?

Thanks!

Best,

Pïa

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Pïa,

Yes, there is an automated way to copy source to target for all segments in Trados Studio. Here are the steps:

Step 1: Open your project in Trados Studio.

Step 2: Go to the "Editor" view.

Step 3: Select all segments. You can do this by clicking on the first segment, then hold down the Shift key and click on the last segment.

Step 4: Right-click on any of the selected segments and choose "Copy Source to Target".

This will copy the source text to the target for all selected segments. Remember to review and edit the copied text as necessary, especially for the segments that need to be translated from German to French.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello Pïa,

Yes, there is an automated way to copy source to target for all segments in Trados Studio. Here are the steps:

Step 1: Open your project in Trados Studio.

Step 2: Go to the "Editor" view.

Step 3: Select all segments. You can do this by clicking on the first segment, then hold down the Shift key and click on the last segment.

Step 4: Right-click on any of the selected segments and choose "Copy Source to Target".

This will copy the source text to the target for all selected segments. Remember to review and edit the copied text as necessary, especially for the segments that need to be translated from German to French.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children