Match rates ("score") in MT-translated segments shown in Studio

Evening everyone,

The output I get from using Language Weaver in Studio is generally quite helpful, I find, but not if the match rate is 72%, for example. Is it possible to filter the MT matches so they are only shown in Studio if they are higher (and therefore more accurate) -- above 85%, say?

I can't see how to do it using the Advanced Filter. I'm using Studio 2021 Freelance at the moment.

Regards

Carl

emoji
Parents
  •  

Can you share a screenshot of what you are referring to?  Language Weaver doesn't provide a score like that:

Trados Studio screenshot showing NMT translation details with a score of 0%.

If you are seeing scores like 72% I think these are probably coming from your Translation Memory and not the NMT (Neural Machine Translation) provided by Language Weaver.

If you only want 85% matches or higher in the first place then you would not filter them using the display filter.  You would set a minimum in your project settings like this:

Trados Studio project settings with minimum match value set to 75 highlighted by a red arrow.

That would be good for interactive translation.  If you wanted to set this for batch translation then you would do it here:

Trados Studio pre-translate settings with minimum match value set to 75, also highlighted by a red arrow.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 8:05 PM (GMT 1) on 22 Apr 2024]
  •  

Can you share a screenshot of what you are referring to?  Language Weaver doesn't provide a score like that:

Trados Studio screenshot showing NMT translation details with a score of 0%.

If you are seeing scores like 72% I think these are probably coming from your Translation Memory and not the NMT (Neural Machine Translation) provided by Language Weaver.

If you only want 85% matches or higher in the first place then you would not filter them using the display filter.  You would set a minimum in your project settings like this:

Trados Studio project settings with minimum match value set to 75 highlighted by a red arrow.

That would be good for interactive translation.  If you wanted to set this for batch translation then you would do it here:

Trados Studio pre-translate settings with minimum match value set to 75, also highlighted by a red arrow.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 8:05 PM (GMT 1) on 22 Apr 2024]
Children