Cannot select the TM upgrade option

Hello, I cannot upgrade my TM (mettre à niveau) last option on the menu in the Translation memories.

The option cannot be selected, it's grey. 

Where does it come from and how can I solve the problem?

Thanks!

Best,

Pia

emoji
  • Hello Pia,

The issue you're experiencing where the TM upgrade option is greyed out could be due to a few reasons. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

Step 1: Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to modify the Translation Memory (TM). If you don't have the required permissions, you won't be able to upgrade the TM.

Step 2: Check if the TM is currently in use or open in another project. If it is, close the project or stop using the TM, then try to upgrade it again.

Step 3: Make sure that your Trados Studio software is up to date. You can check for updates within the application.

Step 4: If the TM is stored on a network drive, try moving it to a local drive and then attempt the upgrade again. Sometimes, network issues can prevent the upgrade from being performed.

Step 5: If none of the above steps work, you may need to create a new TM and import the contents of the old TM into the new one.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue. If you continue to experience problems, please provide more details about your situation so I can offer more specific advice.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji