Using a translatable idml file. But I can not generate a taget translation file or use the 'view in" function.

Please help: I can import and translate the file, but I can not open target translation files. 

When I use 'Generate target translations' or 'View In", both been processed and the file is saved, but I can not open it. 

The error message I receive for both operations is below: 

Error dialog box in Trados Studio showing 'Failed to open' with a message stating the selected IDML file was created by a newer version of Adobe InDesign which is not yet supported.

I have enabled the following already: 

File Setup > Project Templates, and continue with the steps below.

1. Click File Types.
  2. Go to File Types > Adobe InDesign CS4-CC IDML > Common.
  3. Enable the option Process unsupported file versions and confirm.

Trados version: Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.10.19084

Thank you for your help.

Makiko

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 11:04 AM (GMT 1) on 23 Apr 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hello Makiko,

It seems like you've already done a great job in trying to troubleshoot the issue. However, the error message you're encountering might be due to a different reason. Here's what you can try:

Step 1: Ensure that you have the latest updates for Trados Studio 2022 SR2. You can check for updates within the application.

Step 2: Try to reset your settings in Trados Studio. You can do this by going to File > Setup > Reset Settings. Please note that this will reset all your settings to default, so make sure to backup any custom settings or templates you may have.

Step 3: If the issue persists, it might be due to the specific IDML file you're working with. Try opening and saving the IDML file in Adobe InDesign, then import it again into Trados Studio.

Step 4: If none of the above steps work, it might be a good idea to create a new project and import the IDML file there to see if the issue persists.

Remember, it's important to always work with the original IDML files and not copies, as this can sometimes cause issues.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue. If you're still encountering problems, please provide more details about the error message you're receiving.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • Hello Makiko,

It seems like you've already done a great job in trying to troubleshoot the issue. However, the error message you're encountering might be due to a different reason. Here's what you can try:

Step 1: Ensure that you have the latest updates for Trados Studio 2022 SR2. You can check for updates within the application.

Step 2: Try to reset your settings in Trados Studio. You can do this by going to File > Setup > Reset Settings. Please note that this will reset all your settings to default, so make sure to backup any custom settings or templates you may have.

Step 3: If the issue persists, it might be due to the specific IDML file you're working with. Try opening and saving the IDML file in Adobe InDesign, then import it again into Trados Studio.

Step 4: If none of the above steps work, it might be a good idea to create a new project and import the IDML file there to see if the issue persists.

Remember, it's important to always work with the original IDML files and not copies, as this can sometimes cause issues.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue. If you're still encountering problems, please provide more details about the error message you're receiving.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
Children
No Data