Can I apply segment of TM, instead of one in Translation result when 99% match?

In my TM, there's a tag "/n" only in target.

Screenshot of Trados Studio Translation Memory (TM) showing a segment with a 'n' tag only in the target column, and a 99% match in the Translation Results window.

When Using this TM for project, there's no "/n" tag in source, so is target in "Translation result" window.

Close-up view of a Trados Studio segment with a 'n' tag in the target text, highlighted in red, indicating a potential formatting issue.

Also, I think it's normal Translation result showing it as 99% match.

But, regardless of source, there has to be the tag "/n" in target(in this project), so one of Translation result wouldn't be helpful.

Please let me know if there's a way to save my time Disappointed relieved

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 8:29 AM (GMT 1) on 24 Apr 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

How do you know that the tag in your TM represents a line break?

It might be a 100% match... you are also getting a 1% penalty on that result, so perhaps a duplicate matches?  Could choosing the other one be better for you?

But, regardless of source, there has to be the tag "/n" in target(in this project), so one of Translation result wouldn't be helpful.

Ultimately, as  already mentioned, the TM result is based on what you have saved in there.  It is based on a comparison with the source segment of your project file.  So if the TM isn't giving you what you need it can only be that you have not translated anything similar before.  If the problem is you just want to add a line break where there isn't one in the source then you'll have to do this manually.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

How do you know that the tag in your TM represents a line break?

It might be a 100% match... you are also getting a 1% penalty on that result, so perhaps a duplicate matches?  Could choosing the other one be better for you?

Ultimately, as  already mentioned, the TM result is based on what you have saved in there.  It is based on a comparison with the source segment of your project file.  So if the TM isn't giving you what you need it can only be that you have not translated anything similar before.  If the problem is you just want to add a line break where there isn't one in the source then you'll have to do this manually.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data